Trailblazers (Grades 5-6)
- Rock climb at Gilbert’s Rock (five minutes from camp), an ancient and beautiful granite dome, with the option of an advanced climbing day.
- Hike to the summit of John Rock or Looking Glass, followed by a splash in a nearby swimming hole or Sliding Rock and ice cream at Dolly’s. They can also camp overnight in Pisgah National Forest.
- Hike, mountain bike, or canoe to one of our camping outposts on-campus and sleep in a tent.
- Whitewater raft the Nantahala River.
- Mountain bike through the Enchanted Forest on-campus, with the option for an advanced biking day in nearby DuPont State Forest.