Opening Day 2020: Everything You Need to Know
As we prepare for the summer, we are so excited for everyone to arrive, starting with our first opening day on June 28. All directors, counselors, and kitchen staff have tested negative for COVID-19, and we have been in strict lockdown since our orientation began.
Due to COVID, opening day this summer will look very different from the past. While the state of North Carolina recommends that parents not leave the car upon arrival to camp, we know campers feel more comfortable having a parent help them through the health screening and check-in process. Below is our summer 2020 check-in process:
- We will stagger families’ arrivals to limit the number of people on camp at any given time. You’ll need to select both a drop-off and pick-up time via the forms in your CampInTouch account (see below). Please arrive only during your scheduled time slot.
- One parent or guardian and their campers (all of whom must wear a face covering) will be able to leave the car and parking area and visit the gym for a brief check-in.
- To minimize our counselors’ exposure, parents will not be able to meet counselors, visit their children’s cabins, or take a tour of camp. However, you will get to meet our directors and the head of each “neighborhood.”
- All luggage will be dropped off with our facilities team near the dining hall prior to leaving camp; all bags will be sanitized and delivered to the appropriate cabin. *Like a typical summer, please have your camper bring their daypack and normal opening day possessions (pillow, sleeping bag, etc.) through the check-in process.
Because parents won’t have the opportunity to chat with the counselors, please make sure the parent questionnaire in CampInTouch is updated with all relevant information. All forms are thoroughly reviewed by both directors and counselors before campers arrive.
Drop-off and pick-up times
Please log in to CampInTouch and navigate to Forms and Documents to fill out the:
- “Opening Day Arrival Time” form to select a drop-off time on opening day
- “Closing Day Pick-Up Time” form to select a pick-up time on closing day
Check out our newest videos
- Meet the 2020 counselors
- Take a video tour of camp
- See what’s new at camp for 2020
- Hear commonly asked pre-camp questions
And read more valuable information below
- 2020 counselor biographies
- Standards of care 2020
- Answers to FAQs from our medical team
- How to come to camp healthy
And please remember…
- Please travel safely and use common sense when traveling to camp;
- Don’t forget to complete all forms to your CampInTouch account;
- And make sure you bring all screening information to camp! (Take a picture of the completed form just in case you lose it. We cannot admit kids to camp without the pre-camp screening paperwork.)